Sunday, September 1, 2019

Welcome To A Quest to Come to Christ by Reading the Book of Mormon in 80 Days!!


You will develop a more personal relationship with the Savior as you read and ponder the Book of Mormon.

Click on September in the
right side bar and scroll down to Day 1 to begin this program anytime!


Draw Near Unto Me...
and I will draw near unto you;
seek me diligently and ye shall find me.” 
D&C 88:63



“There is a book we need to study daily, both as individuals and as a family, namely the Book of Mormon.  I love that book.  It is the book that will get a person nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than any other book. Let us continually reread the Book of Mormon so that we might more fully come to Christ, be committed to Him, centered in Him, and consumed in Him….The moment you begin a serious study of the Book of Mormon, you will find greater power to resist temptation.  You will find the power to avoid deception.  You will find the power to stay on the straight and narrow path…When you begin to hunger and thirst after those words, you will find life in greater and greater abundance.” – President Ezra Taft Benson


“God expects us to use the Book of Mormon in several ways. We are to read it ourselves—carefully, prayerfully, and ponder as we read, as to whether this book is the work of God or of an unlearned youth. And then when we are finished reading the things in the book, Moroni exhorts us to put them to the test, in these words: 

“And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; 
and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, He will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.” Moroni. 10:4
“I know from personal experience, the spiritual power that can flow into your life if you follow this practice [daily scripture study]. You will feel the love of God and a cleansing, purifying regeneration of your spirit. You will experience moments of revelation, when the Spirit whispers to your spirit to be a better father, a better mother, a better son or daughter, a better disciple of Jesus Christ.” 
~President Thomas S. Monson
Below are QUESTIONS for you to ponder. Record your answers before you begin the challenge, and then again after you have completed it. :)

-Do I currently feel spiritually nourished?
-Do I currently feel peace and joy on a regular basis?
-Is the Lord first in my life?
-Do I turn to Him for strength before other sources? 
-Do I know and love Jesus Christ?
-How do I show my love for Him?
-How does the Lord speak to me? 
-Do I meditate daily and "listen" for answers?
-What are my feelings about the Book of Mormon?
-What are my feelings about Jesus Christ and his atonement?  
Let the journey begin....

Video: The Coming Forth of the Book of Mormon




Beautiful Cover Painting used by permission
“Lead Kindly Light”, copyright Simon Dewey/courtesy Altus Fine Art/www.altusfineart.com

Reading schedule adapted from the "80 Days Closer to Christ" program.





2 comments: