Friday, December 14, 2018

Day 68: 3 Nephi 24-30

Welcome to Day 68...
                   
Jesus continued to teach the Nephite survivors and emphasized the importance of heeding prophets. The dreadful destructions they had just witnessed were all fulfilled prophesy. (Moroni injected that prophets also testified of a great destruction in the LATTER days)

THREE times in today's chapters we are told how to escape the destruction of the wicked. Moroni reminds us not to look at wicked individuals who seem to be prospering and assume they’re getting away with anything.

“The triumphing of the wicked is short, and the joy of the hypocrite but for a moment.” (Job 20:5)

The Lord Himself confirmed that those who follow the ways of man have "joy in their works but for a season." (3 Nephi 27:11)

Moroni explained how Jesus organized His church in America and that Christ’s church will always bear his name, have 12 apostles, the priesthood, revelation, faith, repentance, baptism, and the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Christ commanded us to be LIKE him. “Therefore, what manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am.” (3 Nephi 27:27)

He will help us reach our potential if we turn to him in faith. He promises, “PRAY...whatsoever things ye shall ask the Father in my name shall be given unto you."



 Nine apostles were give rest in his kingdom when they turned 72 years old, but three were given immediate immortality. "The Three Nephites" remain on earth and will serve Christ in their translated bodies until the Second Coming. Now that's a long mission! So inspirational. It reminds me of the importance of doing all I can to serve others while here on earth.
  • Video: Discussions on the Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 27-30

Video: Discussions on the Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 31
  

Video--"Our Obedience to Gospel Principles Helps us Prepare for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ--Elder Russell M. Nelson talks about Elijah (3 Nephi 25:6)

Video--Elder Neal A. Maxwell explains that by giving heed to what the Lord has revealed, we prepare to receive greater revelation (3 Nephi 26:9–10).


Video--"Too Sacred to Discuss"--President Boyd K. Packer speaks of the importance of not talking about sacred experiences (3 Nephi 26:13–21).



 

"And my Father sent me that I might be lifted up upon the cross; and after that I had been lifted up upon the cross, that I might draw all men unto me, that as I have been lifted up by men even so should men be lifted up by the Father, to stand before me, to be judged of their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil—And for this cause have I been lifted up; therefore, according to the power of the Father I will draw all men unto me, that they may be judged according to their works." 3 Nephi 27: 14-15



"And know ye that ye shall be judges of this people, according to the judgment which I shall give unto you, which shall be just. Therefore, what manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am." 3 Nephi 27:27









“The ‘good news’ [is] that death and hell [can] be escaped, that mistakes and sins [can] be overcome, that there [is] hope, that there [is] help, that the insoluble [is] solved, that the enemy [has] been conquered. The good news [is] that everyone’stomb [will] one day be empty, that everyone’s soul [can] again be pure, that every child of God [can] again return to the Father who gave them life”









“Let us not justify ourselves in an casual effort. Let us not be content to retain some disposition to do evil. Let us worthily partake of the sacrament each week and continue to draw upon the Holy Spirit to root out the last vestiges of impurity within us. I testify that as you continue in the path of spiritual rebirth, the atoning grace of Jesus Christ will take away your sins and the stain of those sins in you, temptations will lose their appeal, and through Christ you will become holy, as He and our Father are holy. “I know Jesus Christ as the living, resurrected Son of God. --D.Todd Christofferson



Record impressions and favorite verses in your journal.
Close study session with prayer and have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment