Thursday, December 20, 2018

Day 74: Ether 3-5

Welcome to Day 74...
Brother of Jared's vision
Such an "illuminating" read today! We are exposed to the MEGA FAITH of Mahonri Moriancumer. Remember the Lord asked, “What will YE that I should do that ye may have light in your vessels?" He wants us to think things through on our own. And the brother of Jared came up with a nifty plan, asking the Lord to touch stones “that they may shine forth in darkness” (Ether 2:23; 3:4). His plan worked beautifully.

Then, due to his great faith, he was able to have an incredible experience with the Lord."Never before have I showed myself unto man whom I have created, for never has man believed in me as thou hast." (Ether 3:15) 
                              
The Lord commanded Moroni to seal up the recorded vision of the brother of Jared and explained that these writings would be revealed when people had faith as the brother of Jared. Let's get our FAITH on so we can get a hold of THAT incredible record!

Moroni prophesied that three witnesses would bear testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon to the world in the latter days and that,
"if it so be that they (the inhabitants of the world) repent and come unto the Father in the name of Jesus, they shall be received into the kingdom of God." (Ether 5:5) Thank goodness!

Our Heavenly Father lovingly provided a way for us to live with Him, despite our weakness. Let's continue to draw near to God through scripture study and repentance, starting now...

Opening Song "His Hands" (In "light" of Ether 3:6)
             
  • Begin study session with prayer.
  • Scripture Study: Ether 3-5 (listen)
  • Study Guide: (here)
  • Video: Discussions on the Book of Mormon Ether 1-6


  • Video: Elder Robert D. Hales talks about the faith and diligence of the brother of Jared (Ether 2:16; 3:5)


                      
"And because of the knowledge of this man he could not be kept from beholding within the veil; and he saw the finger of Jesus, which, when he saw, he fell with fear; for he knew that it was the finger of the Lord; and he had faith no longer, for he knew, nothing doubting. Wherefore, having this perfect knowledge of God, he could not be kept from within the veil; therefore he saw Jesus; and he did minister unto him." Ether 3:19-20

"And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believe my words will not believe me- that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. For behold, I am the light,and the life, and the truth of the world." Ether 4:12

  • Video--"Testimony of the Witnesses"--Elder Dallin H. Oaks shares the significance of more than one witness to the Book of Mormon (Ether 5)



“Those who have felt the touch of the Master's hand somehow cannot explain the change which comes into their lives. There is a desire to live better, to serve faithfully, to walk humbly, and to be more like the Savior. Having received their spiritual eyesight and glimpsed the promises of eternity, they echo the words of the blind man to whom Jesus restored sight: 'One thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see' (John 9:25).” --President Thomas S. Monson

  • Record favorite verses in your journal.
  • Close study session with prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment