Friday, November 16, 2018

Day 41: Alma 25-28

Welcome to Day 41...

Ammon was so elated, Aaron chastised him."I fear that thy joy doth carry thee away unto boasting!" Ammon replied, "I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom: but behold, my joy is full...and I will rejoice in my God." 


I love how he defended his happy moment! "Who can glory too much in the Lord? I cannot say the smallest part of which I feel." No one was going to rain on his parade! :)

In the next chapter, Ammon was overjoyed once again when he ran into Alma and his brethren..."the joy of Ammon was so great even that he was full, yea he was swallowed up in the joy of his God, even to the exhausting of his strength; and he fell again to the earth." (Alma 27:17)

"Now was not this exceeding joy? Behold, this is joy which none receiveth save it be the truly penitent and humble seeker of happiness." (Alma 27:18)
                     
On a sad note, an epic battle took place as the Nephites defended the people of Ammon against the Lamanites."Yea, even such an one as never had been know among all the people in the land..." (Alma 28:2)  Thousands of Nephites and Lamanites perished. Despite their sorrow, the Nephites found joy in the Lord’s promise that the righteous would be “raised to dwell at the right hand of God, in a state of never-ending happiness.” 

A lot of "joy" in today's passages! EnJOY every word. :)
  • Opening Song: "You Raise Me Up"
  • Begin Study Session with Prayer
  • Scripture Study: Alma 25-28 (listen)
  • Study Guide: (here)
  • Video: Discussions on the Book of Mormon Alma 25




  • Video: "The People of Ammon"                
"But Ammon said unto him: I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."  Alma 26:11-12
                    
"Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing- unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God; yea, unto such it shall be given to reveal things which never have been revealed; yea, and it shall be given unto such to bring thousands of souls to repentance, even as it has been given unto us to bring these our brethren to repentance." Alma 26:22
  • Video: The Value of a Full Time Mission


“We can do the work of the Lord in His way when we seek, receive, and act on personal revelation. If we heed personal revelation, we cannot fail... Elder Neal A. Maxwell taught us that receiving revelation...'requires serious mental effort on our part...Revelation is not a matter of pushing buttons, but of pushing ourselves, often aided by fasting, scripture study, and personal pondering.'”--Julie B. Beck

  • Record thoughts and impressions your journal.
  • Close study session with prayer and have a lovely day!

No comments:

Post a Comment