Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Day 52: Alma 56-57

Welcome to Day 52...
                                             
When I think of the Stripling Warriors, I will always remember my son's sweet letter from his mission in the Philippines:
"Mom, thank you so much for helping me learn the scriptures. It's all the knowledge I have out here. I can't really speak the language all that well, and I'm not a very experienced spiritual warrior yet, but I remember what my mother taught me. Like a Stripling Warrior! I just wish I could share all this knowledge I have with the people here. I so badly want to get through to them, but I can't express myself in their language. I have so much to say..."

Just like the Stripling Warriors in the Book of Mormon, he had a strong testimony of the gospel and sweetly gave the credit to his mother! It seems like yesterday that he cuddled with me on the couch reading scripture stories and singing primary songs.

"Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them. And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it." (Alma 56:47-48)

                                     
I love Helaman's affectionate references to these precious, righteous boys that he clearly loved with all his heart: "...yea I would not suffer that my little sons should fall into their hands" and "Therefore what say ye, my sons, will ye go against them to battle? And now I say unto you, my beloved brother Moroni, that never had I seen so great courage, nay, not amongst all the Nephites. (Alma 56: 44-45).  

Biggest take home message today: "Because of their mighty FAITH," miracles happened! "And to our great astonishment and to the joy of our whole army, there was not one soul of them who did perish...And we do justly ascribe it to the miraculous power of God, because of their exceeding faith in that which they had been taught to believe—that there was a just God, and whosoever did not doubt, that they should be preserved by his marvelous power. Now this was the faith of these of whom I have spoken; they are young, and their minds are firm, and they do put their trust in God continually." (Alma 57:26-27)


Let's put our trust in God continually. He will bless and preserve us and bring about miracles. Enjoy these inspirational chapters today!!  :)

                                             
  • Opening Song: "Army of Helaman"
            

  • Begin Study Session With Prayer
  • Scripture Study: Alma 56-57 (listen)
  • Study Guide: (here)
  • Video: "Helaman and the 2,000 Young Warriors"


  • Video: "Helaman's Stripling Warriors"  


"For as I had ever called them my sons (for they were all of them very young) even so they said unto me: Father, behold our God is with us, and he will not suffer that we should fall; then let us go forth; we would not slay our brethren if they would let us alone; therefore let us go, lest they should overpower the army of Antipus. Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them."  Alma 56:46-47
                  
"Yea, they did obey and observe to perform every work of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the words which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them." Alma 57:21

“The obligations of motherhood are never ending.The limitations of priesthood responsibilities to menis a tribute to the incomparable place of women in the plan of salvation.”--Boyd K. Packer
  • Record thoughts and favorite verses in your journal.
  • End Study Session With Prayer and have a faith-FULL day!!

EXCELLENT BOOK: Righteous Warriors by John Bytheway
"Why are there so many wars in the Book of Mormon? Could it be that a book written "for our day" would have to prepare us to survive in a time of "wars and rumors of war," a time when Satan is at war with everything that is good?

What we often call the “war chapters” in the Book of Mormon give us important insights into how to defeat Satan in our day. The pattern is clear: When the children of Lehi are successful, it’s because they make covenants first and swords later. Here are great lessons for how to live well now and eternally!"  John Bytheway

Righteous Warriors

2 comments:

  1. Just wondering about Day 53...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for giving me a heads up!! I had scheduled it to post automatically and for some reason it didn't happen! Day 53 is a Make-Up Day!

      Delete