Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Day 10: 2 Nephi 3-4

Welcome to Day 10...

                      Joseph of Egypt writing vision
Lehi's dying words to his youngest son Joseph, are prophetic and powerful. He foresaw Joseph Smith and the coming forth of the Book of Mormon in vision! (That must have been thrilling for Joseph Smith to find himself "written in" as he translated that part of the plates.)


2 Nephi 4:15-35 contains the inspiring "Psalm of Nephi," a cherished and beloved passage of scripture. The great prophet Nephi is so honest and raw in these verses, admitting weakness but expressing faith and joy in redemption: "I am encompassed about because of temptations that do so easily beset me...nevertheless, I know in whom I have trusted...why should I give way to temptations, that the evil one have place in my heart to destroy my peace and afflict my soul? Awake, my soul, no longer droop in sin!! Rejoice, O my heart, and give place no more for the enemy of my soul."  

Our opening song echos Nephi's Psalm...
  • Opening Song: "I Love the Lord" (Be Still My Soul)


  • Begin study session with prayer
Video: Book of Mormon Stories--"A New Home in the Promised Land"




Video: "Go and Sin No More" goes hand and hand with: "Awake oh my soul...no longer droop in sin!" (2 Nephi 4: 27-28)




"And upon these I write the things of my soul, and many of the scriptures which are engraven upon the plates of brass. For my soul DELIGHTETH in the scriptures, and my heart pondered them, and writeth them for the learning and the profit of my children." 2 Nephi 4:15


“We must study the scriptures to the Lord's commandment (3 Ne. 23:1-5) and we must let them govern our lives and the lives of our children... So I ask all to begin now to study the scriptures in earnest, if you have not already done so” – President Spencer W. Kimball

Video: Discussions on The Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 1, 3


  • Record thoughts and impressions in your journal.
  • Close study session with prayer

2 comments:

  1. Even people like Nephi who have had many powerful spiritual experiences, can feel daunted sometimes because of the behavior of those around them. But Nephi rallies his feelings because he knows in whom he can trust. We can follow his example.

    ReplyDelete