Saturday, October 13, 2018

Day 7: 1 Nephi 20-22

Welcome to Day 7...


Nephi "delighted in the the words of Isaiah!"  And he was in good company. The Savior himself said, "Yea, a commandment I give unto you that ye search these things diligently; for great are the words of Isaiah." 3 Nephi 23:1 

Isaiah lived in Jerusalem and prophesied between 740 B.C. and 701 B.C., about a hundred years before Lehi and his family left for the promised land. 


Nephi valued Isaiah’s prophecies to teach his family that he “might more fully persuade them to believe in the Lord their Redeemer.” (1 Nephi 19:23)

Isaiah’s words are poetic and filled with symbolism and consequently challenging to understand. Use the study guide and videos on the blog. With study and prayer you will come to love and appreciate the messages of Isaiah.

Isaiah talks a lot of scattering and gathering. Today, it struck me that when I'm making wrong choices, I put myself in the "scattered" category. I must come to Christ through repentance and allow him to "gather" ME.

Isaiah's teachings will help us prepare for "final showdown."  Good to know, "the righteous need not fear." (1 Nephi 22:17) And if we don't GIVE our power to Satan, he HAS no power.  (1 Nephi 22:26)

Enjoy these beautiful, poetic passages of comfort and instruction written especially for us in the latter days! 
  • Opening song: "His Hands"  
("Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands." 1 Nephi 21:15-16)
  • Begin your study session with prayer 


Video: Discussions on The Book of Mormon 1 Nephi 19-22                                    


                                  
1 Nephi 21: 15-16 "For can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? Yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee, O house of Israel. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.


“I am one of [Jesus Christ's] witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in his hands and in his feet and shall wet his feet with my tears. But I shall not know any better then that I know now that he is God's Almighty Son, that he is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes in and through his atoning blood and in no other way.”--Bruce R. McConkie                                    

                    
"And he gathereth his children from the four quarters of the earth; and he numbereth his sheep, and they know him; and there shall be one fold and one shepherd; and he shall feed his sheep, and in him they shall find pasture." 1 Nephi 22:25

I just love that last part. The Savior wants to gather us...Satan wants to isolate us. As we read these passages we are "gathering to Him" together! 

  •  Record thoughts and impressions in your journal.
  • Complete your study session with prayer.
GREAT JOB COMPLETING THE FIRST WEEK OF THE 80 DAY CHALLENGE!!!  Keep plugging away at it!!

"Behold if ye shall endure to the end, ye shall be saved." :) 
1 Nephi 22:31

 NOTE: Tomorrow is a "Make-Up" day so catch up if you need to, or go back and study more in depth or watch videos you may have missed.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not able to view the videos. The message says it's not supported. Is there an app that I need to download?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried opening it in Youtube? It will take you out of the blog but it works!

      Delete
  2. You tried on your phone? Hmm...not sure. Do they work on your PC okay?

    ReplyDelete